By Jan Borchers (auth.), Wolfgang Nejdl, Judy Kay, Pearl Pu, Eelco Herder (eds.)
This publication constitutes the refereed court cases of the fifth overseas convention on Adaptive Hypermedia and Adaptive Web-Based structures, AH 2008, held in Hannover, Germany in July 2008.
The 24 revised complete papers and 26 revised brief papers offered including abstracts of three keynotes, four demo papers, and eleven doctoral consortium posters have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from 185 papers submitted. The papers concentrate on pioneering theories, ideas, and cutting edge applied sciences to supply dynamic personalization, model, and contextualization of hypermedia assets and services.
Read or Download Adaptive Hypermedia and Adaptive Web-Based Systems: 5th International Conference, AH 2008, Hannover, Germany, July 29 - August 1, 2008. Proceedings PDF
Similar international_1 books
This quantity comprises papers provided on the 6th foreign convention on wisdom and platforms Engineering (KSE 2014), which was once held in Hanoi, Vietnam, in the course of 9–11 October, 2014. The convention was once prepared by way of the college of Engineering and expertise, Vietnam nationwide collage, Hanoi. in addition to the most song of contributed papers, this court cases function the result of 4 distinct classes targeting particular subject matters of curiosity and 3 invited keynote speeches.
This quantity consists of peer-reviewed papers that experience built from the 1st convention of the foreign Society for Non Parametric statistics (ISNPS). This inaugural convention came about in Chalkidiki, Greece, June 15-19, 2012. It was once geared up with the co-sponsorship of the IMS, the ISI and different companies.
- Locks, Safes and Security 2nd Edition
- Job Scheduling Strategies for Parallel Processing: 7th International Workshop, JSSPP 2001 Cambridge, MA, USA, June 16, 2001 Revised Papers
- Advances in National Brand and Private Label Marketing: Third International Conference, 2016
- The diary of William Mackenzie, the first international railway contractor
Extra info for Adaptive Hypermedia and Adaptive Web-Based Systems: 5th International Conference, AH 2008, Hannover, Germany, July 29 - August 1, 2008. Proceedings
Data integration  and schema matching  research studies aim at addressing this challenge by, respectively, reconciling the ontologies and matching between the concepts pertaining to different ontologies. A global ontology allows a uniform data access mechanism and defines rules encapsulating the differences between the ontologies. Despite their relative success, neither data integration nor ontology matching have fully succeeded in resolving the issues related to the dynamic and variable nature of the ontologies.
3 Item Selection for Collaborative Filtering Finding the optimal subset of items would require to conduct an extensive search in the space of all the subsets of the items . Applying this to a recommender system scenario would require to conduct a search procedure for every target item (the item playing the role of the class to be predicted) and for a large number of subsets of the predictive items. This is clearly extremely expensive, and therefore, we propose to use a more parsimonious approach (ﬁlter method) that uses information provided by a item weighting method to select, for each target item and user pair, an appropriate set of predictive items.
1. In ﬁgure 1 the performance of BIPO with all these methods is depicted. , collaborative ﬁltering without item selection, for all the error measures used. 43 20 40 60 80 100 # items selected (c) PRECISION 120 140 20 40 60 80 100 # items selected 120 140 (d) RECALL Fig. 1. Performance of BIPO item selection methods for diﬀerent error measures 28 L. Baltrunas and F. Ricci shows the robustness of item selection, and clearly shows that the improvements are due to item selection rather than weighting.